Planned features: (by priority)
- Automatic addition of new users
- Persistent storage of data in XML-files
- Support for multiple address-ranges: LAN, payment/non-payment, online/non-online
- Supports individual pricing for every single user based on traffic or online time
- Addons for usage viewing in browser
- Minimize to tray to avoid taskbar clutter
- Easy installation
You can follow the progress of each of these features on the Task manager.
- Windows 2000/NT support, multiple instance support
- Accounting functionality with support for users paying part of their debt
- Event scheduler for closing of bills, etc. at specified times
- Client program for individual setup and detailed information for users
- Autoconnect on traffic from registered users, disconnect when idle if wanted
- Keep internetconnection alive using ping of a specified host
- Brew coffee
Main programmer: Laust Rud Jensen.
Development halted for now
gunst - 2002-06-13 10:32 - Advanced Subnet Counter
Since I now have an internet connection with flatrate, development has stopped. If anyone wants to take over, please mail me at email@example.com.
It has been fun, but I think it is time to find a new spare-time project.
Found new sniffer
gunst - 2002-01-04 03:31 - Advanced Subnet Counter
Another SourceForge project, http://sniffer.sourceforge.net is a project that would be a perfect backend for ASC. Then ASC would be able to run on multiple platforms and much more modular. Currently the sniffer project doesn't support the windows platform, but I'm monitoring progress closely.
( 0 open / 12 total )
Bug Tracking System
- Support Requests
( 0 open / 5 total )
Tech Support Tracking System
- Feature Requests
( 0 open / 0 total )
Feature Request Tracking System
Mailing Lists ( 1 mailing lists )
- Next generation
CVS Tree ( 109 commits, 44 adds )